Soft Tissue Surgery
We perform our soft tissue surgeries in our surgical suite using state of the art equipment.
- Spay and neuter
- Mass removals
- Emergency surgery (laceration repair, wound repair and foreign object removal)
We offer referrals to a board certified orthopedic surgeon at Blue Pearl Hospital or call a boarded surgeon into Youngsville Animal Hospital for any orthopedic surgeries. Following an orthopedic procedure, an exercise rehabilitation program can be implemented for your pet to help them recover faster and with less discomfort.
We perform surgeries daily based on our patients’ needs. Prior to any anesthetic procedure, blood work and a physical exam are performed on your pet. Should any abnormalities be noted on either of these the doctor will contact you prior to proceeding with surgery. An IV catheter will be placed in his/her leg to provide venous access for medication administration, fluid therapy to maintain blood pressure and increase anesthetic metabolism, and in case of an emergency. We provide the same level of patient monitoring that you would receive if you were having surgery. All pets that undergo surgery at Youngsville Animal Hospital are carefully watched and have their blood pressure, heart rate, rhythm, respiration, temperature, and blood oxygen levels monitored by a specially designated veterinary assistant using state of the art equipment. Your pet will receive injectable pain medication prior to, during, and after a surgical procedure and then discharged with a prescription based on their individual needs. Once your pet is in recovery, the doctor will contact you to discuss the procedure, answer any questions, and schedule a discharge appointment. Most patients are ready to go home within a few hours of surgery.
Our Surgical Facilities Include:
- A fully-equipped surgical suite capable to perform most types of soft tissue surgery.
- A fully-trained veterinary and technical nursing staff to ensure the safest, most efficient state-of-the-art procedures for your pet.
- ECG and oxygensaturation monitors.
- Heated surgery tables for greater comfort for your pet.
- Monitored sterilization techniques to verify sterilization is complete.
- Full pre-anesthetic blood testing and intensive after-surgery care.